Monday, May 9, 2011

A Spring Walk in the Desert

It's been snowing most of the day, so it's nice to look back at these photos taken on Saturday, when it was sunny and in the 70s. We saw this horned lizard blending in oh-so-well with the desert floor.

I really wanted to find some new flowers for my A Plant A Day blog. That turned out to be a more difficult task than I was expecting, but I did spot this colorful butterfly on the cryptantha.

Another view of the butterfly.

Desert Girl really likes being mobile and stopping to check things out when she wants to.

Don't you wish you could squat like that? I do!

Desert Girl liked this Astragalus (milkvetch).

Time to keep on hiking and see what's next.

The globemallow just started blooming last week.

I liked this white astragalus, growing in between the purple flowers.

The Townsendia flowers are small and short, but such a welcome burst of color.

And finally I found a blooming cactus, a mountain ball cactus. It won't be long till many more cacti are showing their colors!

1 comment:

I Am Woody said...

What a beautiful sky that day! And seriously, could Desert Girl's pigtails be any cuter?!? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates