For the past two years, I've posted my New Year's resolutions. I did pretty well on my 2014 ones:
2. Exercise regularly--yes, I'm in better shape this winter than last winter and exercise pretty much every day
3. Organize my house--somewhat; it's a work in progress, but we keep decluttering and organizing
5. Give more--yes, I was able to give more time to my husband and we really enjoyed our date nights!
I even managed some of the bonus items, like raising chickens (although it took a lot of perseverance and we're now on chickens #10, #11, and #12), reading the Bible in a year (on week 50!), writing more, self-publishing a children's book (see sidebar for details), taking some trips, getting some structural fire training, and recertifying as an EMT. Woohoo!
So what's for 2015? I like challenges, it keeps my competitive spirit happy. So I'm going to call my resolutions my challenges. Plus, some of these I developed throughout last year.
1. Desert Survivor's Get-Out-and-Camp Challenge. Our goal is 12 nights. Last year we made 11!
2. Desert Survivor's Backyard-Bird Challenge. We will count all the different bird species we see in our backyard. Last year's number to beat: 34.
3. Desert Survivor's Try-a-New-Recipe-Every-Week Challenge. I don't think this one will be too hard, but I'll report on the great successes and the flops.
4. Desert Survivor's Photograph-the-Full-Moon-Every-Month Challenge. This is a new challenge I'm developing that I'm super excited about. Stay tuned for details!
And since challenges are more fun with friends, you all are invited to join in!