Friday, June 25, 2010

Mystery Track

Ready for another mystery? I saw this track on the road the other day, an S-shaped track.

There was traffic coming, so I stopped to shoo the track-maker off the road. He wasn't particularly happy to move off the warm gravel.

I bet you know what it was...

...a snake! More specifically, a bull snake or gopher snake. I really like these snakes because they eat a lot of mice, and we sure have a lot of mice this year. I wish I could get a few more to live in my yard, because the owls are definitely not keeping up.

I'm not sure if the snake was appreciative of my efforts to save its life. But I still felt good. Sometimes it doesn't take much to put a smile on my face!

2 comments:

Silver Fox said...

Very nice tracks! Glad I stopped by. :)

Anonymous said...

Too cool! What a beaut!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates