Thursday, March 31, 2022

Signs of Spring

 

It's springtime, with erratic weather and returning birds. I was so happy to hear the sandhill cranes and tracked them down one snowy morning. Apparently, the males do these jumps to impress potential female mates.

First native spring flower: Nevada parsley. They aren't super pretty, but they always make me smile!

We had a group of sheep wandering around town for a few weeks.

The killdeer are back. I like hearing their calls.

The heifers who recently gave birth are nearby. One snowy morning I went out and saw them with fresh snow.

I also observed mama Great Horned Owl in her nest in our backyard covered with snow. I'm hoping to see an owlet very soon!

Spring is also when time seems to speed up and there's not enough of it! But I do make time to enjoy nature and am so grateful that I live in a place where I can enjoy nature daily. I hope you're also enjoying spring.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates