Friday, October 12, 2018

Dramatic Fall Lighting

I was coming back from a Parent and Teachers Association meeting when I realized that the distant lighting was amazing and would be fun to photograph. After checking in with my husband and saying good night to the kids, I grabbed my camera and tripod and headed out to the Baker Archeological Site. I  took multiple 30-second long photos. It seemed like the lightning always came between the photos! I persisted, and finally got some okay shots. It seemed like the lightning had slowed down from what I had seen earlier.  But then a different area of the storm became more active. I moved over, set up again, and started having more success. But the thunder was getting louder. I decided I didn't have much more time. I pressed the shutter release for another 30-second exposure and got some great lightning right away. And then some more just at the end, nearly in the same spot. The thunder boomed, and I ran to the car. Rain drops started pelting me before I got to the end of the road. But the resulting photo was great, a Lightning Woman, striding across the valley.

The storm brought some snow to the higher peaks.

 It's migration time, and we are seeing loads of birds down on the ranch. They fatten up on the leftover corn before they head further south.

 One morning while eating breakfast I peeked out the window and saw an amazing sunrise. I had the kids come out with me to witness the vibrant colors.

I was doing a happy little dance as I took photos. We live in such a beautiful world! There's nothing like a terrific sunrise or sunset to renew us.

Here's hoping you find some beauty in your day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates