Friday, December 19, 2008

Full Moon

When the last full moon came up over the mountains, I ran outside and tried to capture its majesty. This was apparently a rather large full moon, 30 percent larger than normal due to its closer distance to the earth.

I enjoy the extra light of full moons which brighten up the landscape. I couldn't resist photographing this stream, with the moonlight so strong it cast shadows on the water.


The full moon brings out the coyotes, and as they howl the world seems just a little wilder. Tomorrow I'll highlight some of the other wildlife that's out at night--I have some incredible pictures, so be sure to check back!

4 comments:

I Am Woody said...

Beautiful moonscapes!!

Anonymous said...

The 1st photo almost doesn't look real. Awesome pix. I have nearly driven off the road a couple of times looking at the full moon rising. One night I was sitting on my patio when the full moon rose between two large pine trees nearby. As it got higher in the sky, it seemed as if I had a spotlight only on me. It was a very special moment.

GAA

Caroline said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

All the pix are awesome, Desert Survivor!!! Can't wait to see the wildlife pictures tomorrow.

I’m fortunate to live in a spot enabling me experiences of sunrise and sunset. I love them. And the man in the moon too….

This world is a splendid place to be!

Anonymous said...

How did you get your moon picture to turn out like that? Mine always end up like blobs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates