Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! How are you celebrating?

My husband and I have had a really nice week of giving love notes to each other every day. We'll head out for a special dinner tonight.

I also always think of my brother Ed on Valentine's Day, as that's the day when he chose to arrive in this world. What a special Valentine!

Desert Boy's school is having a Valentine's Day Party, and as we are really trying to cut back on processed foods and eat more real foods, I cringe at the thought of all the sugar and chemicals he may be ingesting today. To help make me feel a little better about that, I'm sending some heart-shaped snacks with him (photo above). It might not make much difference, but hopefully the kids will enjoy eating something healthy.

Have a great day! And if you've been wondering why I'm not posting so regularly, I have several posts I'm working on. It's been quite a crazy week, so I'm looking forward to a long weekend to catch up. Maybe we'll manage to fit in an adventure or two (or three!).

1 comment:

A said...

In my experience, the kids are actually always happy to munch on fruit (and veggies) especially if they are done up in a fancy way. They seem to get tired of all the sweets, even on a party day.

I bet they were enjoyed by all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates