Monday, September 27, 2010

In Nineteen Years...

In nineteen years, little Desert Girl can take the Semester in the West class at Whitman College. It's open to sophomores and above, and last night they stayed on the ranch near our house, camping out in the pasture. They came to learn about the water issues here, after having visited Owens Valley and spending some time up on the Colorado Plateau (which feeds the Colorado River).

It looks like a neat program, multidisciplinary and covering about 10,000 miles over four months. Just thinking about all the places they're going (or have already gone) has awakened my travel bug!

You can see more on their Semester in the West web page.

3 comments:

g said...

In 19 years Desert Girl will know more about water issues than any class can teach her. I just hope that there will be water left.

I Am Woody said...

What a cool class! A friend of mine took 'Semester at Sea' and sailed around the world. Now why didn't they offer things like this when I was in college!!

jendoop said...

I want to sign up! I miss the West!

Yes, it sounds like a wonderful class.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates