Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Summer Solstice

It's coming...
...just a few minutes more...
...ah, the first rays of the longest day in the Northern Hemisphere.
Summer Solstice used to make me feel a little sad because the days get shorter (in the Northern Hemisphere) after June 21. I felt like I was missing out on daylight. Now I have a different perspective: shorter days mean more sleep!

Hope you enjoy the longest day of the year! And for my Southern Hemisphere friends, enjoy your slumber, because your days are going to be getting longer the next six months!

3 comments:

jendoop said...

I feel a little sad on the summer solstice - days getting shorter and it means my birthday is over! This year I was even sadder, because my kids are just now getting out of school.

Anonymous said...

It must be a Mom thing. I'm excited about the extra sleep, too!

Annette said...

It makes me sad... shorter days just mean more time that I'm awake while it's dark and that depresses me. ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates