Sunday, February 1, 2009

Odds and Ends

I've spent part of the last week in the Mojave Desert and have some fun blog posts coming up! 

From time to time I feature desert plants on this blog, and have recently been included in the Berry-Go-Round #13 Carnival, a collection of plant posts. There's a lot of great information there.

As I was reviewing some of my recent posts, I realized I never ended the January photo caption contest. The entries were fantastic, and each one had me laughing. I hadn't realized that my truck was quite so dirty!
And drum roll please, the winner is: Sarah! Her entry was: 
"Come on Henry- we've got a lot to do. The day's not a success until we blend in with the truck."

Congrats, Sarah. You are now the proud winner of two thumbs up! Accolades on the Internet! And bragging rights to all your friends. You never knew it could be so good, did you?

Sarah's entry reminds me that Desert Boy has been making a lot of dirty laundry lately. And Henry eggs him on. If Henry plays in the mud, Desert Boy plays in the mud. If Henry walks in water, Desert Boy walks in water. In the following photos, you can see the fun they have together--and how Henry encourages Desert Boy.

Henry's drinking water, why shouldn't I?

Maybe it would be more fun to throw a rock into the water--regardless that Henry is in the way!

Ah, waves, I threw well and got the rock into the puddle.

If I turn my back, Mom can't see me walk through the puddle just like Henry did. Besides, I'm wearing camo pants and they make me blend right in.

1 comment:

I Am Woody said...

Congrats to Sarah!

I'm glad Desert Boy has such a great mom that will let him walk thru the puddle or play in the mud or climb fences. Kids need more of that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates