Tuesday, December 19, 2023

My Favorite Books of 2023

A fascinating journey into remote Siberia to find fish owls; notable for the wilderness and cultural aspects.

I love to read. I also have stopped finishing as many books. If I don't like a book, I stop reading. There are more books out there than I have time to read, so why waste time with something I don't like? I may have stopped reading/listening to more books than I've gotten through this year.

I love getting book recommendations so that I can hone on in the "good ones." I figure it's only fair if I share my favorites to help pay back those who have helped me. 

Without further ado, here are my 2023 faves.

I learned a lot about the hearing impaired community from this one.

Lots of great ideas that go beyond giving money to giving time, compliments, and more.

Very fun sci-fi, listened to with Desert Boy.

This one made me so sad, but I'm glad the story is coming to light. 

An interesting trip to the jungles of Belize and the culture and politics of a little known country.


This is a long listen, but was interesting seeing how Russia changed over time.


Some insights into the National Park Service and what it's like to work there.


John Scalzi in a very different type of sci-fi novel. Desert Boy and I found this delightful.


Fictional history of Hedy Lamarr. I'd like to know more about her and also want to check out more books by this author.


A little long in some parts, but interesting journey of a coming of age story in Appalachia.

The kids and I have enjoyed listening to this one. Such a different life than we live (thank goodness!)

For those who like EMS and national parks, this is a great combo.


Tips to keep you moving at any age. I'll be incorporating some of their recommendations into my daily habits.


And my favorite book of the year:

This one takes me back to my political science roots. It also helps make so much sense of where we have conflicts in the world and why some economies work better than others. 

What are your favorites?
Here are some of my past:  2021 books2022 books

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It's fun that I have read many of these...and now I have a few titles to put on my "to read" list.

Happy reading in the new year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates