Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sewing Day

A few Saturdays ago we went to the community center for sewing day. Several ladies were working on a variety of projects. I dug out my box of crochet projects I did once upon a time. We also brought some thread and needles and rags so Desert Boy and his friend Ernesto could practice their sewing skills. Carol graciously spent some of her time helping them.

They went to work making little bags that could carry their cars around. They both did pretty well and neither even punctured a finger.

Then Carol showed them how to do a neat candy cane activity. That was fun stuff!
The little boys did great at sewing day. I hope they continue to like sewing. They'll be sure to snag ladies in the future if they have a valuable skill like sewing. 

1 comment:

jhami said...

Awww, that's really cool - how did I miss that? lol I need to pay more attention to these opportunities :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates