Friday, January 14, 2011

Really?!?

I was flabbergasted when I came down the road yesterday and saw this sight.

Flabbergasted.

I don't use that word lightly.

Actually, who could use that word lightly? It's a big, bulky, odd word. I like using strange words occasionally. It makes me think that studying for the SAT all those years ago actually had a benefit besides a test score. And who knows when I will need some hoity-toity high-falutin' word to impress some dignitary.

But I digress. Do you see what is causing me so much consternation?

That blinking LED light above the stop light. We now have a stop light in our tiny community! A STOP LIGHT!

What is this world coming to?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was Desert Girl the population bump that required the addition of the light?

jhami said...

LOL
I didn't even know that was there until I read your post. Ha ha! I can't believe that. I was proud of our small (street light-less) town. Too bad :(
Who's crazy idea was that and how much is that going to cost us? LOL
Goodness.......

Anonymous said...

What's next? A red light district???

G. Robison said...

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! OMG. I am stunned and dismayed. It's the end of an era. (weeping a tiny bit, in between bouts of hysterical laughter)

g said...

seriously????

jendoop said...

Times they are a changin'.

Anonymous said...

I guess it's time to pack up and move out into the boonies.

UA

A said...

Just wait...next is the right-light camera!

A said...

I meant Red-light camera.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates