Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Silver Sage Band

We were lucky to catch a performance by the Silver Sage Band this last weekend. We usually get to hear them once a year, and we really like their music--and their humor! They play old-fashioned country and cowboy and sheepherder songs.

Desert Girl was entranced. She really likes music, just like her big brother. I hope they both learn to sing a lot better than their parents! Fortunately, they both don't seem to mind our off-key singing. We've been doing more lately to get ready for Christmas. Maybe it's a good thing it's winter and cold and all our doors and windows are shut tight!

Desert Girl was sporting a flower clip that we had picked up from the craft fair held earlier that day. We found lots of treasures at the craft fair. Desert Boy wasn't happy when I told him some of them were surprises and he couldn't look at them until later, like at Christmas. He put on his perfect little pout and declared, "I want Christmas to be now!"

Desert Boy. Blinded by his Mama using the flash. I'm nice like that. And I didn't even give him the camera so he could reciprocate.

I didn't manage to get a photo of any of the dancing. It was fun to watch, with the younger kids doing their interesting dance moves. Later we watched some swing dance instruction. I'd like to learn how to do that someday. I wonder how hard it would be to get lessons way out in the middle of nowhere?

Okay, this photo wasn't taken at the music program, but I figured I should include it since it was musically oriented. Desert Girl loves sitting at the piano and playing. It won't be too many years till she can play better than me!

1 comment:

g said...

Desert Girl is quite the ham and oh so cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates