It's elderberry season! Elderberries have become one of my favorite berries, even though they're tiny and not the best to eat on their own. Why do I like them? Well, they make awesome jam and are a superfood that help to support immune systems! I actually take an elderberry gummy frequently and thought, "Why am I doing this? Why don't I just make more jam?" So alas, that's what I'm doing..
There are different kinds of elderberries. The most common around here is blue elderberry (Sambucus caerulea), and they come in a dark blue, almost purple color.
1. The first step is to pick the berries, then rinse and dry them. I find the elderberries easier to get off the stems when they're frozen, so I freeze them and then pick them off, checking frequently for little bits of the stem. (I usually do this while catching up on a Netflix show. It seems especially appropriate while I'm watching Alone.)
3. If you haven't already, prepare your canner, jars, rings, and lids. I like to stick the jars, rings, and lids in the dishwasher and run them on a quick cycle.
4. Then it's into the sauce pan with 2/3 cup apple juice. Stir. Add 3 Tbsp Ball Realfruit Low or No Sugar Needed Pectin. Let it come to a boil. Add up to 1/2 cup sugar or honey. Return to a boil and boil hard for 1 minute.
![]() |
6. Wipe the rims, center the lids. Apply the bands.







2 comments:
very nice
A locked and restricted crypto account but that did not stop me from the recovery of my crypto assets. I was locked out of my wallet, and restricted for reasons they couldn’t explain to me properly. I thought I had lost everything but a friend of mine recommended MorphoHack to me. A team of cyber security experts, crypto recovery specialists and ethical hackers who helped my case. In my situation, I was about to swindled by the crypto holding company, but MorphoHack helped me recover my crypto assets, gained access to my wallet and helped me regained my confidence. I’m truly thankful for their service and I highly recommend them to everyone out there. Contact them directly at Morphohack@cyberservices.com
Many people are afraid to pursue it further once they lose access to their crypto wallet and assets, but I put it to you that the longer you wait, the more complicated it becomes. Morphohack can help you act faster and more efficiently, you will be glad that you stumbled upon their services.
Post a Comment